Monday, January 23, 2006

A Little About Me First...

I'm semi-retired which means that I retired at 46, but continued working as a consultant for several years. I hope to fully retire this year. I've spent the last 23 years as a computer programmer, systems analyst, database administrator, etc. I spent most of this time working in an IMB mainframe environment. Over the last couple of years, I learned a little HTML, SQL, C++, and Java. I developed and maintain 3 website for the company where I'm currently employed.

As a sixty year old, I think I've kept up with technology. I have 2 desktops, 1 laptop, a wireless network, an IPOD, digital camera, 42" LCD HDTV with 6.1 sound system, digital cable, and high speed internet via cable modem. So, I think have the toys. But, sometimes I'll read an article in a magazine and realize I don't know nearly as much as I thought I did or I'll find out that I'm not using one of my toys to its full potential.

These are the reasons I decided to start this log. I'll aggregate articles that I feel everyone would like to read. I'll review gadgets and software. I'll research and try to answer questions that anyone might have, and most importantly, I'll provide a forum for those Boomers and war babies who want to stay on the cutting edge.

See you next time.

No comments: